Monday, January 14, 2013

The View Through the Handlebars

2013 has been about moving myself to a better place.  I have been using this blog to boost my attitude.  I have been cleaning my house and de-cluttering (as much as a professional pack rat is able to).  I have begun to organize my life and plan to keep it organized.  I am trying to relax and let God's plan for my life begin to work...that has been the hardest thing for me to do.  So, I figured that as long as I was in the mood, I would take this opportunity to get myself in shape and improve my health.  I am not exactly unhealthy, but my blood pressure needs improving and my doctor says that my cholesterol could also be lower.  That was very hard for me to believe, because my cholesterol hasn't changed since the last time I had it checked a couple of years ago...still at 150.  However, I guess the rules have changed and now instead of under 200 being the optimal level, it is now supposed to be under 100.  My doctor wants me to take medication, but I hate taking pills so I am trying the diet & exercise route.  You can tell by the blog title that my exercise bicycle has become my new best friend.  I have it set up in the living room, right in front of the television.  I plan to ride twice a day for a total of one hour.  However, I don't plan to kill myself at the beginning.  Tonight I pedaled through part of Castle.  In the morning, I will ride for a little longer and build up to my goal.  I have recorded my weight and measurements...which will not be posted on this blog until I reach my goal.  I hope my health improves as much as my attitude has so far.  Ten minutes and two and a half miles tonight.  I wonder how long it will take me to pedal to California?  I'll let you know when I get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment